Indiana man accused of posting Trump threats on Facebook

HAMMOND, Ind. (AP) — Federal charges have been filed against an Indiana man who authorities say threatened to shoot President Donald Trump in Facebook posts.

The indictment says 20-year-Steffon Gonzalez posted on March 28 that he was “standing outside the president’s location with a bullet ‘chambered’ to ‘blow his head off.'” Trump had a rally that day in Grand Rapids, Michigan .

Gonzalez lives in Hobart, about 145 miles (233 kilometers) southwest of Grand Rapids.

The (Merrillville) Post-Tribune reports Gonzalez is charged with making threats against the president and obstruction of justice. The indictment was unsealed Wednesday. He was previously charged in Lake Superior Court with felony intimidation.

According to an affidavit, Gonzalez told agents his account was hacked and denied threatening the president. The affidavit also says officers found 9 mm rounds and gunpowder in Gonzalez’s room. The affidavit says Gonzalez said he wasn’t the only person with access to the room.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

1 Comment

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.