For 50 years, the creative spirit of Grand Rapids has come alive at the Festival of the Arts. From the musical acts and dancers to a celebration of food and crafts, everyone can find something to capture their interest this weekend.
Highlights of the weekend festivities include:
- Opening ceremonies with Mayor Bliss on Friday, June 7 on Calder Stage at 7:30 p.m.
- Dogs are allowed on leashes at Festival of the Arts
- Several local food trucks will be participating in this year’s event and will be located on Monroe Center alongside the GRAM
- Official Festival Beer – Amber of the Arts by Perrin Brewing – is available at several downtown bars and restaurants
- 16 food booths run by area non-profits featuring cultural foods and beverages
- Free kids activities including Paint-In, Glue-In and more
- 50+ art sales tents on Calder Plaza
- 5 main stages and 5 pop-ups with music, theatre, and dance
- A world premiere performance by the Grand Rapids Ballet on Saturday, June 8 on Calder Stage at 7 p.m.
The Grand Rapids Ballet will be performing at Festival of the Arts on June 8 at 7:30 p.m. on the Calder Stage at Calder Plaza.
Festival of the Arts will run from June 7-9. Get a full schedule at festivalgr.org.