KALAMAZOO, Mich. — The Kalamazoo area has received heavy rains that are causing flooding and road closures.
Drivers are being asked to avoid the following roads in Kalamazoo:
- N. Park St from Balch St to Park Place
- Howard St from Merrill St to S Westnedge Ave
- W Crosstown Pkwy from W Maple St to S Burdick St
- King Highway from Mills St to E Michigan Ave
- E Paterson St at N Park St
- N Church St at Norway Ave
- Riverview Dr at Bridge St
- S Park St between Balch and Wall St
- S Burdick St between Stockbridge and Wall
- S Rose St between Burdick and Wall
- Lake St between Burdick and Portage Rd
- Vine St between Portage and S Burdick Ave
- Crosstown Pkwy between Portage Rd and Howard
- Dutton Jasper to Portage Rd
The City of Kalamazoo has closed its offices located on Stockbridge Avenue because they have become inaccessible due to flooding. They will remain closed on Friday.
The closure doesn’t impact offices at City Hall or other locations.
Kalamazoo has set up sandbag filling stations, located at:
- Washington Square Apartment Complex at 710 Collins St.
- Edison Neighborhood Association at 816 Washington Ave.
If standing water is observed over a roadway, motorists are reminded not to attempt to drive through, but instead take an alternate route.
In Comstock Township, East Michigan Avenue is closed between Sprinkle Road and River Street due to the road being washed out.