Electrical fire catches at home in Battle Creek

BATTLE CREEK, Mich. — No one was hurt after an overheated electrical line caused a home to catch fire.

The Battle Creek Fire Department responded to a reported structure fire at the duplex on the 100 block of N Union St at 2:04 p.m. Friday, June 28th.

Crews found smoke coming from a vent in the attic and managed to trace it back to a small fire in the wall and ceiling where they found that electrical line.

The fire was put out quickly and crews were only on scene for about an hour and a half.

One of the two renters living there was home at the time though no one was injured.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.