LYNNWOOD, Wash. -- Home surveillance footage captured a family fireworks show going terribly wrong. The family involved is amazed no one was hurt.
Thursday night, Denis Kiriaev said he and his family returned home from a professional fireworks show. He said trash was scattered around his property. He checked his home surveillance camera footage the next morning and saw where the debris came from.
“Fireworks gone bad,” he said.
The video shows Kiriaev’s neighbors shooting off fireworks in front of their home. A few seconds into the footage, something went wrong.
A large explosion can be seen in the video; children and adults are seen scattering.
KCPQ spoke to the homeowner who shot off the fireworks. They said it was an accident and no one was hurt. However, they did not want to go on camera.
Nicole Rogers lives down the street. She said she’s happy her children were not near the blast. She says her community has been trying to get fireworks banned in her county for years.
Rogers and Kiriaev both say they hope sharing this video will make people think twice about shooting off fireworks.
Sheriff officials said there are some restrictions against fireworks in the county, but, for the most part, fireworks are legal during the Fourth of July.