The charged with killing three, two of them children, and injuring others was arraigned Friday.
David Glen Johnson, 32, from Covert was released from Bronson Hospital around 3:00 p.m. He was in the hospital being treated for injuries he sustained in the crash. He was immediately taken into custody, and transported to the Van Buren County Jail.
He was arraigned around 4:00 p.m. in front of the county magistrate on the following charges:
- 3 counts Of 2nd degree murder
- 3 counts of operating while intoxicated causing death
- 3 counts of operating while license suspended causing death
- 1 count of operating while intoxicated causing serious injury
- 1 count of operating with a suspended license
Johnson was also arraigned on a felony warrant out of Covert for larceny by conversion.
His bond was set at $5,000.
Johnson was in fair condition earlier this week, but wasn’t well enough to be arraigned until this evening.
His preliminary hearing is scheduled for November 28, 2012 at 1:00 p.m.