Vacant Home Burns in Grand Rapids
The Grand Rapids Fire Department continues to investigate what sparked a fire at a home in the 700 block of Union SE last Thursday evening.
Crews were first called to the scene at approximately 10:20 a.m.
The home was well involved when first responders arrived on scene.
FOX17 is told by firefighters at the scene that the home has been vacant for more than a year.
No injuries were reported.
It took crews about 15 minutes to get the flames under control. Crews remained on scene into Friday to put out hot spots.
No other buildings in the nearby vicinity were damaged.