Father Hears Smoke Detector, Gets Daughter Out of Burning Home

PLAINFIELD TWP., Mich

A man was able to get his young daughter out of their home early Friday morning, after a smoke detector went off, alerting him to a fire.

It happened on English Ave NE in Kent County’s Plainfield Township.  Investigators say the fire started in a wood stove chimney, and spread to the attic.  A father inside the home woke up when he heard the smoke detector.  He got his daughter out safely.

Crews were able to get the flames under control before the flames spread to the rest of the house.  Nobody was injured.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s