Firefighter Text Admitting A Rape Might Be From Accuser Hack

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – New evidence might prove that a Pennsylvania woman might have hacked a well-respected Grand Rapids firefighter’s phone, sending a rape apology to herself, according to Beaver County Times.

The paper also reporting that a preliminary hearing for Finlayson, former Grand Rapids Firefighter of the Year, was continued on Thursday after the Assistant District Attorney in Beaver County asked the judge to look into cell phone records.

The incident allegedly happened at the women’s Pennsylvania home in September, but it was a month later when she went to police with the claims, using the text messages as proof.

In that police report, she claims Finlayson got upset about the distance she went and the money spent on an oil change.

It goes on to say, after he calmed down, a talk about their relationship while lying in bed advanced to Finlayson wanting to have sex.

The accuser claiming she told Finlayson “no” and he kept forcing himself on her.

At one point, the woman said she shoved a knee into his chest.

The affidavit reads that Finlayson forced the woman to have oral sex and sexual intercourse. When she went to shower, she claims Finlayson forced his way in and he didn’t leave the bedroom when she got out.

Finlayson, according to the woman, claimed he thought she was kidding. The woman said she fell asleep, waking to Finlayson getting ready to return to Rockford.

Around September 28 or 29, she said she received a text message from him.

“…already know that. Think I’ve been cruel enough to you already for ten lifetimes. I (Raped) you and can’t get that out of my head. Then on top of that, I was an (expletive).”

The criminal complaint against Finlayson was filed on Wed. October 24. He was then lodged soon after in the Kent County Jail on one count of rape-forcible compulsion, a felony charge.

The Beaver County Times reports that Thursday, Finlayson was released on $20,000 and had permission to return back to Michigan. His next court appearance is set for Feb. 11.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

1 Comment