LANSING, Mich — A group named We Are Michigan is sponsoring a number of silent protests around Michigan Wednesday.
The protests are in response to the passage and signing of right-to-work bills in Lansing. The group calls the bills “right-to-work-for-less.”
The demonstrations are scheduled for many major Michigan cities:
- Grand Rapids: Republican headquarters, 725 Lake Michigan Drive, 11:30 a.m.
- Kalamazoo: Bronson Park, 290 South Rose Street, 11 a.m.
- Lansing: The roundabout at Michigan Avenue at Washington Square, one block east of the Capitol, 11 a.m.
- Detroit: Office of Urban Affairs, Cadillac Place, 3044 W. Grand Blvd, 11 a.m.
- Saginaw: City Hall, 1315 South Washington Avenue, 11:00 a.m.
- Marquette: Governor Snyder’s Office, 244 Baraga Street, 3 p.m.
We Are Michigan describes itself on its website as “a coalition of faith, community, labor and progressive groups united by a common commitment to strengthening Michigan’s middle class.”