Kalamazoo Murder-Suicide Leaves Husband And Wife Dead

A murder-suicide at a Kalamazoo home has left the parents of three children dead.

Kalamazoo Public Safety responded to a domestic assault call at the 2200 block of Lakeway Avenue around 2:00 Sunday morning.

Police say the bodies of Nawfal Rachdi, 25, and his wife Andrea Rachdi, 29, were found inside. According to police, Rachdi killed his wife before taking his own life. Causes of death haven’t been released as of Sunday evening.

Neighbors say the Rachdis had three kids that weren’t at home when their parents died. The youngest was born around the time the family moved into their home last summer.

The children are staying with family for now.

Charles Vine has lived in the neighborhood for 43 years. This morning’s incident is very out of the ordinary for an area with Christmas decorations at nearly every door.

“It’s a close neighborhood,” Vine says. “Everybody knows everybody here. Just kind of a shock that that happened. Everybody that talked to her said they seemed like nice people.”

“You never know what’s going on.”

The investigation into the case is ongoing.

13 Comments to “Kalamazoo Murder-Suicide Leaves Husband And Wife Dead”

lauren said:
    December 16, 2012 at 8:30 PM

I once tried to take my own life it really was no worth it i wish he could have seen the brighter side in things and they still would have been here with their children but i hope they R.I.P

chris said:
      December 17, 2012 at 11:48 AM

honestly he was my best friend and I never seen this coming. it wasn’t like him to do such a thing I think whatever happened was a complete accident and he freaked out. he was the complete opposite of selfish in you have no idea. So don’t talk about him like you knew him.

nikki said:
        December 31, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Hey this is Annette I am friends with his mother layla I need to reach her can you please give me a call 2695321052

Katherine said:
    December 16, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Or even if he could not see a brighter side, maybe he could have been less selfish and just taken his own life, not killed the mother of 3 children before taking his own, that's just rotten.

Randall May said:
    December 16, 2012 at 9:59 PM

why people Do This?

Anonymous said:
    December 17, 2012 at 2:36 AM

So sad that he was so selfish and didn’t think of their children being without a Mom & Dad. I hope the children can recover from this and still have a good life – with hope & help from family.

Danielle said:
      December 18, 2012 at 12:28 AM

He wouldnt hurt anyone he was not selfish he was very understanding and loving so dont bad mouth him. R.I.P. Nawfal

common sence said:
        December 19, 2012 at 6:26 PM

but he did idiot!!!!

who cares said:
        December 19, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Nawful was AWFULL and he wont R.I.P. Danielle your stupid as hell and his last act was nothing but selfish. Wake up morons or you'll be the next ignorant dumb ass to fall victim of senseless vi lance…Tell those kid how not selfish he wasnt…

anonymous said:
    December 17, 2012 at 5:52 AM

Starting to wonder if the social media has anything to with this. My heart goes out to the victims.

anonymous said:
    December 17, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Such a tragic situation. From what I understand, the wife had two children from a previous relationship and the couple themselves had one child together. Fortunately the children were not home at the time this happened. I pray for the children and the families involved.

lynn said:
    December 17, 2012 at 5:16 PM

No matter if it was an accident or not concerning the death of his wife, he was extremely selfish to kill her and himself. Now the kids have no parent at all. At least not the child they had together.

guest said:
    February 26, 2013 at 8:11 PM

You have all said rotten things about Nawfal you didn't know him .Something bad had to happen in those few seconds that either made him snap or are we even sure he did this ,I think there was someone else there . And if thats not the case we weren't there so we will never know . Love you Nawfal and Andrea .