4 From West Michigan Die During Mission Trip In Haiti

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – Four people from West Michigan have died during a mission trip in Haiti.

It has been reported to FOX 17 that a group from West Michigan, who were on a mission trip based from Holy Spirit Parish in Grand Rapids, were killed Friday, Jan. 11, in a car accident.

Their identities have not been released.

19 Comments to “4 From West Michigan Die During Mission Trip In Haiti”

2013worldseries said:
    January 11, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Please don't let be any body I know. Sympathy to the families and friends that do know these folks that were trying to make a difference in the world.

Emma said:
    January 11, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Dec 11 or Jan 11?

Dixie said:
      January 11, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Suppose to read Jan. 11

Sarah said:
    January 11, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Why can't those people make a difference in our world, the USA?

Sequoia said:
      January 11, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Really? Four people just died!! What r u doing to make a difference?

Concerned said:
      January 11, 2013 at 6:36 PM

I know many people who go on mission trips to either spread the gospel, offer medical and dental care (FOR FREE), and just feed people in need. Sarah…stop judging others, and start doing.

Stephanie said:
      January 12, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Is that really an appropriate comment right after people have died tragically doing what they feel God is calling them to do?

rrracegirl16@aol.com said:
    January 11, 2013 at 6:13 PM

i know all those people who died and let me say they did make a difference.

Dixie said:
      January 11, 2013 at 6:28 PM

How do you know these 4 people? The names of the victims have not been released yet.

lisa said:
      January 11, 2013 at 7:13 PM

so sorry for your loss. Praying for the families invovled.

Dixie said:
    January 11, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Jessica McMasters you have a misprint in your article. It is suppose to read Jan.11 not Dec 11

Prayingwoman said:
    January 11, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Any person working a mission trip has a heart for God. Let that be the peace for all family & friends. Praying for the parish, parishioners, family, friends, and the people on the mission field. May God surround you with his love. & Sarah…I will be praying for you that you do make a difference in someones life. When was the last time you gave of your time, money or talents? Stop making judgements during this time of sadness for four loving people's family, and friends. If you can't say anything good, keep in your journal , not on a public forum/ news station blog.

Estelle Dykstra said:
    January 11, 2013 at 6:44 PM

GOD HELP THEIR FAMILIES THROUGH THIS TRAGEDY.

lisa said:
    January 11, 2013 at 7:13 PM

prayers to the whole parish and the families they leave behind.

Saint Felix Peterson said:
    January 11, 2013 at 7:19 PM

I am a Haitian Dentist who is used to be in the mission,and as for today,I was in the part of that group which is used to come down to help with in Medical and education fields. For people saying that they didn’t make any difference,I guess you do not know what you are talking about,so in that way you’d better keep silence and wonder why they are travelling twice a year to come down here;and let me tell you that their helps are really appreciated.for those who know what it is to me on mission,your prayers and faith are needed.

Sue said:
    January 11, 2013 at 8:10 PM

I am an RN and Jim was my boss at previous job. He was a great manager and one of the best people I have known in my lifetime. He was married to a women that was beautiful inside and out, and was the love of his life. I am so sad that the world lost two people who always put others before themselves.

Sue said:
    January 11, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Jim and Rita are survived by two sons and a daughter.

Carol said:
    January 11, 2013 at 9:06 PM

So sad prayers for everyone effected by this tragedy.

Chantil said:
    January 11, 2013 at 9:52 PM

My heart aches for the loss of these people of my parish… Mary's testament on how Haiti changed her makes me tear up every time I think about it. My prayers go out to all those who survived and to the people who lost their loved ones. God called some wonderful angels home today.