Heater Likely Cause Of Fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

GRANDVILLE, Mich. — A temporary heater set up in a garage to keep a car’s engine warm was the likely cause of an overnight fire, said Grandville Fire Chief Mike May.

The fire at 3080 Gable Street was called in around 3 a.m. Fire crews were able to restrict the fire to just the garage.

The car parked in the garage had no antifreeze, so the owner set up a portable heater to keep the car warm, said Chief May.

“We discourage any time of temporary heaters,” he said, “any type of temporary setup to try to heat something at all.”


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s