Grandville Woman Misses The Cut On American Idol

CHICAGO, Ill — Night two of American Idol auditions was full of both yes’s and no’s, but for one woman from West Michigan, it was the latter. Melissa Bush, 27, from Grandville, didn’t make it through to the next round.

She sang the classic “Downtown,” by Petula Clark, but failed to please the judges (Keith Urban, Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj and Randy Jackson).

Bush is a massage therapist and student in Grandville.

10 Comments to “Grandville Woman Misses The Cut On American Idol”

Linda B. said:
    January 18, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Of course she didn't make it….she was pretty bad. Too bad her friends and family didn't tell her she can't sing before she went on a national talent show.

cheryl said:
    January 18, 2013 at 3:17 PM

I would like to know why in the hell this lady thought she couldmake anything other then a foll of herself. unless she was doing it just for the attention and that is not the kind of attention i would want. she is tone deaf for sure or just plan retarded._

Tracy said:
      January 18, 2013 at 4:41 PM

How loosely the word retarded is thrown around and how easily others can find negative words to break others down.

cheryl said:
    January 18, 2013 at 7:29 PM

I call it the way I see it. and if she really thought she could sing then others that let her think that are just as foolish

cheryl said:
    January 18, 2013 at 7:30 PM

oh and by the way the outfit was just as bad as she was

joe condorew said:
      January 21, 2013 at 9:23 PM

I could swear she wasn't wearing underwear. You could see the outline of her vagina…that was pretty weird.

Miki said:
    January 18, 2013 at 8:59 PM

How ever she looked, how ever she sang, it took true courage to sing in front of national audience.

karen said:
    January 19, 2013 at 5:21 AM

Wow – people can be hurtful. I didn't see her but still do not think I could talk that negatively about someone who did have enough courage to try for something that she loves

eric scheytt said:
    January 20, 2013 at 12:03 AM

I think linda b and cheryl hate their lives so much they have to talk trash about other people. if you dont like her dont listen to her you dont have to talk smack.I am sure you lives are both so depressing that is all you have time to do why dont you ladies go out and get a life.

cheryl said:
      February 7, 2013 at 9:29 PM

My life depressing? boy do you have that all wrong. I am the best I have been ever. I can't sing but I don't try make a fool of myself thinking I can either. music would not have even helped her. you say then don't listen to her. well I did not shortly after she opened her stupid mouth and deaf ears. Am I being mean maybe but someone has to tell her the truth. If it was me I would want someone I loved to tell me before I made a total ass of myself to the whole world
      and you say get a life. Well honey I have a great one and would not change it for anything