KALAMAZOO, Mich.– Firefighters spent the morning and afternoon putting out smoke and flames at a home located on the 400 block of Terrace Court in Kalamazoo. It started around 8:20 a.m. Sunday.
When crews arrived, flames were coming out of the front of the house. At least 20 public safety officers from Kalamazoo helped fight the fire.
Four people who lived at the home were sent to the hospital for smoke inhalation. Their cat that was trapped inside during the fire was rescued.
No word yet on the cause, but investigators believe it may have started with a couch.