WEST MICHIGAN — (FOX 17) — Heavy lake-effect snow continues in parts of West Michigan as of 2:30 Thursday afternoon. The heaviest snow is in Ottawa, southern Kent, and Allegan Counties.
This map shows how much more snow we can expect overnight. This is on top of what has already fallen. Here is a look at some totals so far from the FOX 17 Facebook page:
- Oshtemo (Kalamazoo County), 7.0″
- Watervliet (Berrien County), 5.0″
- Wyoming (Kent County), 5.5″
- Lawton (Van Buren County), 5.0″
- Dowling (Barry County), 2.0″
I-94 westbound in Van Buren County is closed around mile marker 56 due to a traffic accident, likely caused by the snow.
For a look at the radar, visit http://www.fox17online.com/weather