Cat Thrown From Car On U.S. 131; Survives

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich– On Sunday Night James Schiero was driving to work on south bound US 131 near the Burton exit when he noticed something white get tossed out of a car window. As he got closer he realized what he saw being thrown from the window was a small white cat. Schiero rescued the kitten by taking it first to Crash’s Landing and from there the lucky feline was sent to the Clyde Park Vet Clinic where she will be under the care of Dr Petrovich for the next 30 days.

“She is anemic and has terrible diarrhea you can see her personality is wonderful and she is bouncing right back. A lot of these animals die out there when there is no intervention”

Fortunately for this cat, now called “toss across” someone did intervene and after 30 days she should be ready for adoption. If you would like to take in this little kitten you can go to crashslanding.org and fill out an application.

As for whoever through the cat out the window? The simply drove off and have not been found.

19 Comments to “Cat Thrown From Car On U.S. 131; Survives”

Gen said:
    March 26, 2013 at 12:30 PM

There is a special place in H*LL for people who abuse animals!

badhairday said:
    March 26, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Well this little kitty was rescued by the right people! Crash's Landing and Dr Jen do awesome things! I have a Crash's cat and he is the best!!

Cheryl said:
      March 26, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Thanks Wendy!

Mike said:
    March 26, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Did I say I was against the death penalty? Let me rethink that.

candy said:
    March 26, 2013 at 1:19 PM

there is so many sick people in this world!

ST said:
    March 26, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Thanks to all that have helped and continue to help animals in need….God Bless you.

Cindy said:
    March 26, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Mike you are right that is terrible how people treat animals maybe when they are found maybe they should be thrown out the window like the cat was but faster

deb said:
    March 26, 2013 at 2:11 PM

People have no regard for human life these days, let alone an animals. So very sad.

rich said:
      March 28, 2013 at 9:39 PM

this was not a human it is an animal I dont like what they did but its not a human

Annie said:
        March 29, 2013 at 11:16 AM

As the most intelligent animal, humans can also be the most ignorant, kinda like Rich. There is no reason to treat a human OR animal inhumanly and this is inexcusable.

Maureen said:
    March 26, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Aww she is so adorable. I want this kitty. She can come and live with me. I would take GREAT care of her

Carolyn Douglas said:
    March 26, 2013 at 3:39 PM

I hope they do find the jerk that tossed her…he deserves jail and suffering the same violence…

Cvandyke said:
    March 26, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Unfortunately Michigan has some of the worst animal abuse/neglect laws in the country. If the person was found virtually nothing would happen to them. With pathetic laws this type of animal abuse/neglect will not change, disgusting!

G-man said:
      March 26, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Luckily, you are wrong.
      Animal abuse is a felony, and when Bow The Cat, (FB=justice for Bow) was discovered with an arrow in his face, the county Prosecutor made it clear that he was very eager to follow-thru with charges, and was hoping the perp would be found.
      Also, groups like ASPCA,Humane Socety, etc, work hard pressing for prosecutions as of late.
      The problem is, these slimeballs are rarely caught.

2013worldseries said:
        March 26, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Thanks G-man. I guess the hope that these alleged human beings will get caught and suffer some consequence is better than assuming nobody cares at all.

George said:
    March 26, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Well, I can't say what I think should be done. It's not politically correct

Wendy said:
    March 26, 2013 at 9:32 PM

I hope Karma gets the sick bastard who did this real good. Wouldn't mind seeing them get tossed out of the window of a moving car personally! Thank God for Crash's and the wonderfully amazing vets at Clyde Park Vet Clinic!!!

Tanya McGill said:
    March 26, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Well I'll say it for George this POS should be thrown out of a car, What is wrong with people….

Cutest Kitty Ever said: