6 Car Accident On NB US-131 Near I-196 Interchange

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – Six vehicles were involved in an accident on NB US-131 and the I-196 interchange Thurday afternoon.

According to the Kent County Sheriff’s Department, the left lane is blocked with fire crews on the scene.

Six people were involved in the crash.

No medical assistance was needed.

FOX17 will bring you more information as soon as it becomes available.

9 Comments to “6 Car Accident On NB US-131 Near I-196 Interchange”

bjl1947 said:
    April 25, 2013 at 3:33 PM

The left lane of which highway going which direction?

simeon said:
      April 25, 2013 at 3:37 PM

exactly. get your shit together, fox 17. if you're gonna report on something, dont do it half-assed!

Tim said:
      April 25, 2013 at 3:45 PM

This was exactly my thought. I have to head out on west 196 from College to 131 North here shortly, but will find another route if I need to. It sure would be nice to know.

Ray said:
    April 25, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Which way were they going?

Guest said:
    April 25, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Photo shows it is NB 131 just north of 196.

patty anderson said:
    April 25, 2013 at 5:30 PM

No surprise to hear that news

Guest said:
    April 25, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Did ya'll read something different? They reported the exact location in the headline. Hmmmm..?!?
    Maybe read before speaking/complaining??? Just a thought.

Thanks FOX 17 for this information. Glad to hear no medical assistance was needed. Prayers for all involved.

Scherzerfan said:
      April 25, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Did I miss something or dosn't NB US 131 mean NORTH BOUND. Good call, Guest.

charlie Ausberger said:
    April 25, 2013 at 5:56 PM

If it was at I-196 and NB 131, it was in GRAND RAPIDS CITY – WHY, oh WHY did you call the Kent County sheriff dept??? Is the Grand Rapids dispatch not good enough for you?