News

‘Count Day’ Determines Vital Funding for MI School Districts

school-bus-rear

File Photo

LANSING, Mich. — School attendance is important every day, but on October 2 it counts for 90 percent of your school’s funding.

Michigan has 56 school districts operating with budget deficits.  With Wednesday’s Count Day, school districts need as many students at their desks as possible.  According to the state’s official website, the vast majority of districts’ per-pupil funding will be decided by Wednesday’s attendance (90 percent, with the remaining 10 percent decided by an earlier Count Day that already took place in February).

Districts are urging parents, teachers, and members of the community to help spread the word of the importance of Count Day by using Facebook, Twitter, and other means of communication.  Grand Rapids Public Schools, for example, offers some helpful information on the district’s website.

Other resources for parents are available below.

General Count Day Information

Michigan Schools Operating with Deficits

District Deficit Information

VIEW & ADD COMMENTS

3 Comments to “‘Count Day’ Determines Vital Funding for MI School Districts”

    ivan said:
    October 2, 2013 at 6:03 AM

    Count day. The only day the public school system cares about. We need as much of your money as we can get to continue to provide you with what is an education that ranks below every other advanced industrial nation. Now here’s a trophy for everyone.

    KENR said:
    October 2, 2013 at 12:46 PM

    tHE BEST DAY OF THE YEAR TO MISS SCHOOL .
    DUMBASS LIBERAL TEACHERS

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Advertisement

Advertisement