News

Man From Holland Accused Of Assaulting Teen In Ice Cream Van

Holland, Mich. — A man from Holland is accused of sexually assaulting a teen in an ice cream van after giving her alcohol.

Julio Cesar Hernandez-Razo faces four counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct, one count of second degree criminal sexual conduct and one count of accosting a child for immoral purposes in Allegan County.

“She indicated that she attempted to shove him off but she was unable to do so because of her level of intoxication,” said an Allegan County Detective.

A detective with the county explained the details of his case before a judge in mid-July when the 32-year-old was first accused of raping the young girl.

Investigators said the alleged victim told them she had been working for Razo around July 16th when the assault happened in the van that he had been selling ice cream from.

It was parked near his mobile home when the alleged assault happened.

“She stated that her boss, Julio Cesar Hernandez-Razo, had cleared her to assist in selling ice cream,” said the detective.

The search warrant stated that the teen’s mother told police, …”she had learned from her 15 year old daughter that she had went to sell ice cream with Julio Cesar Hernandez-Razo…and upon returning home…her daughter came home and disclosed that Mr. Hernandez-Razo provided her with alcohol and subsequently had sexual intercourse with her,” said the detective.

“He bought vodka,” said the detective. “She stated because of this, she could not control herself at her extensive intoxicated level at the time of the assault.”

“She indicated during this process she was falling down in the back of the ice cream truck that he had her located in,” said the detective.

Neighbors said the teen was also known to babysit for Razo’s child at one time.

Detectives said Razo was well aware of the fact that she was 15-years-old.

The search warrant indicated that police were looking for electronic communication to prove the case, listing, “A cell phone seized…”

The alleged victim stated that Razo, “had sent her text messages about meeting with her”…

He’s scheduled for his next court appearance in mid-December.

VIEW & ADD COMMENTS

2 Comments to “Man From Holland Accused Of Assaulting Teen In Ice Cream Van”

    Sarah Galassi said:
    December 6, 2013 at 12:22 AM

    This person bought my Ford van in late July or early August and turned it into an "ice cream truck". I will have to check my records for the exact date. Should he have been allowed to continue this "job" after being arrested for this crime??? I understand "innocent until proven guilty", however, when it comes to the safety of children….surely he could find some other way to make a living….sad

    Pete said:
    December 6, 2013 at 8:59 AM

    No Sarah that would be "profiling" and we can't use common sense or believe what we see, that would wrong-

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Advertisement

Advertisement