New Online Videos of Kalamazoo Doctor ‘Disturbing,’ Says Private Eye

Screen Shot 2013-12-26 at 3.02.38 PM

Online Video of Teleka Patrick Uploaded Nov. 10, 2013

KALAMAZOO, Mich. – FOX 17 News has uncovered newly-discovered online videos of a doctor who went missing in Kalamazoo.

Teleka Patrick, 33, was reported missing Dec. 6 after failing to show up to work at Borgess Hospital in downtown Kalamazoo.  She was last seen the night before after being dropped off at her Lexus at Borgess, which was later found along I-94 in Indiana.  Her family is offering a $15,000 reward for information on her whereabouts.

While investigating the story, FOX 17′s Ann Marie LaFlamme discovered a series of online videos Thursday morning which were purportedly uploaded prior to Patrick’s disappearance.

In one of the self-shot videos, the doctor begins on-camera saying,”Hi love. It’s me. So I finally got done. Um so I just wanted to show you what I made.  So I’ll start with, um, if you were here this is what would be your plate.”  The video called “Surprise! Final Video” appeared to be uploaded November 10, 2013.

Screen Shot 2013-12-26 at 3.12.14 PM

Video of Teleka Patrick Uploaded Nov. 10, 2013

Last week, the FBI announced it was assisting in the investigation which is being headed by the Kalamazoo County Sheriff’s Department.  The family also said last week it hired a private investigator to look into their daughter’s disappearance and provided information about new clues in the case.

Patrick is a first-year medical resident at Western Michigan University’s School of Medicine.

FOX 17 News spoke with the family’s private eye Thursday afternoon who had already seen the videos.  He called the findings ‘disturbing,’ questioning Patrick’s state of mind in the time leading up when she went missing.  He also said it is clear Teleka didn’t feel safe in Kalamazoo and provided new information about clues he discovered.

To see all of FOX 17′s stories on the doctor’s disappearance, including interviews with the family and the search for clues in northern Indiana click HERE.  If you want immediate information when news of this case breaks, download the FOX 17 app for iPhone or Android devices.  Say ‘yes’ to push alert notifications.

7 Comments to “New Online Videos of Kalamazoo Doctor ‘Disturbing,’ Says Private Eye”

SlammerHammer said:
    December 26, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Sounds like she was a suffering from a mental breakdown, we are all praying for her safe return.

Tracy said:
    December 26, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Weird cant they find out who she was sending this too and the funny thing was in the beginning she seemed to be looking at someone when she grabbed her throat and said I felt that ! I just wonder if she staged her disappearance with someone from Indiana where she spent thanksgiving maybe she met someone in a club? But then again she seemed to love the kids she worked with so none of it makes sense JUST HOPEFULLY SHE IS BROUGHT HOME SAFE AND PEOPLE PLEASE WATCH OUT WHO YOU MEET OR CORRESPOND WITH AS YOU WILL NEVER KNOW A PERSON UNTIL YOUR ARE IN THEIR PRESENCE AND THEN IT COULD BE TO LATE ! 80 PERCENT OF PEOPLE ON THE DATING CLUBS AND SUCH ARE NOT WHO THEY SAY THEY ARE AND THE PICTURES YOU SEE MAY NOT EVEN BE THEM.

Guest said:
      March 13, 2014 at 10:16 AM

"Weird cant they find out who she was sending this too" – Um, she posted it to YouTube. When you post videos to YouTube you don't necessarily have to "send them to" anyone. Stop watching CSI, and turn your caps off.

Michelle said:
    December 27, 2013 at 7:22 AM

All of this is very concerning for her mental health. I think it's likely that she was having an acute breakdown with the stress of residency. I hope that she's just laying low, and will turn up soon, but a lot of time has passed for no one to have seen her. I dont really see there being a secret love interest in her life, there's just no time with residency. I think this person was imaginary or was someone who may not have known about her feelings, either way not reciprocated.

A. Currier said:
    January 29, 2014 at 12:50 PM

I am afraid she met someone online and met up with them and met her demise. Prayers that I am wrong. I do not see any indication of a mental breakdown, she seems to be video chatting, if so that would explain why she said she "felt that". Also, if it was someone with bad intentions he wasn't speaking for a reason. The fact that the last video is entitled "Surprise Final video" leads me to believe she was planning on meeting him in person. I come from 5 generations of law enforcement and am a PI. I have a bad feeling about this one.

Guest said:
      March 13, 2014 at 10:17 AM

I think you're right.

Thirdpartyobserver said:
    March 31, 2014 at 1:35 AM

People have the bad habit of speculating. We don’t know whether it’s true that a mental problem caused her disappearance or that she met someone at a club. Stop trying to be detectives based on what you watch in television shows. Only God knows what really happened and the best you can do for her and her family is pray and hope for the best. Suppress the urge to voice your very uncouth and uneducated comments.