VIDEO: Cat Stuck in Tree At Least 24 Hours; FOX 17 Called to Help

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — A cat found itself stuck in a tree for at least 24 hours, according to Grand Rapids residents on Francis Street SE.

FOX 17 receives a lot of news tips, but not one quite like this. We were contacted by a viewer whose apartment is far below the tree limb the feline sat on. Several concerned neighbors came out to view the cat during our visit. It meowed constantly. Some residents called tree services for help, but received none.

We called Consumers Energy for help. The company said it normally doesn’t respond to these calls. However, you’ll want to watch the clip to find out what happened.

Follow Darren Cunningham on Facebook

9 Comments to “VIDEO: Cat Stuck in Tree At Least 24 Hours; FOX 17 Called to Help”

Debbie said:
    December 31, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Why did it take so long to rescue this cat in this weather

tc1 said:
      December 31, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Power lines are more important than that darn cat…

true said:
    January 1, 2014 at 12:44 AM

I would say that the tree service tramps and Consumers were cold hearted but you first have to possess that particular organ in order to be that way- Instead they have greed running through their scummy veins- which is even worse!
    Where was the worthless animal advocates like the Humane society or animal shelter in this situation?
    Those places aren’t too shy to ask for donations-

Marti B. said:
    January 1, 2014 at 1:47 AM

Huge thank you to Consumers Energy staff for helping when no one else would……

Leona47 said:
    January 1, 2014 at 8:19 AM

My hat is OFF to Consumers and I am VERY happy to see that there is still a real concern for the community that they serve. This dude has ZERO control over your electric bill and animal rescuers were not called to the scene so how were they to know the cat was there? I have done animal rescue for most of my life and if that cat was in my tree and I could not get it…then I would be right there with it all night until I got it. Been there and done that! PEACE and LOVE xoxoxox~~Leona~~

Marilyn said:
    January 1, 2014 at 9:24 AM

I am so glad that Consumers came to this cat's rescue. I had a cat get caught in a tree a few years ago and she died up there because everyone that I called either said "we don't do that" or didn't answer the phone or return my call. It's nice to hear that there are some compassionate people left in this world.

Leona47 said:
      January 1, 2014 at 9:31 AM

That just broke my heart…just proves our point…HATS OFF to Consumers Energy. I know that each time I see their truck I will be REMINDED of this lucky cat and not about my electric bill. To EACH his own I guess. HUGS!

Lori said:
    January 1, 2014 at 9:28 PM

Thank You Consumers Energy! We really appreciated your response to this call for help.