**EMAIL YOUR PHOTOS, VIDEOS TO NEWS@FOX17ONLINE.COM**
Currently the Mackinac Bridge is closed to all traffic. Motorists are instructed to reduce their speed to 20 miles per hour as they approach the bridge and be prepared to stop. Bridge personnel are stationed at both ends of the structure to provide instructions.
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM EST Saturday, 1/25/14.
* WINDS WILL CONTINUE TO GUST OVER 40 MPH. THE STRONGEST WINDS WILL BE AT THE BEACHES ALONG THE LAKE MICHIGAN SHORE.
* SNOW WILL SPREAD EAST…INTO AREAS NORTH OF I-94 INTO THIs EVENING. THE SNOW MAY BE HEAVY AT TIMES. IT MAY ALSO DIMINISH FOR A TIME NORTH OF MUSKEGON DURING THE LATE AFTERNOON AND EARLY EVENING.
* ALL AREAS WILL BE SEEING SNOW BY MID EVENING. THE HEAVIEST SNOWFALL RATES WILL BE BETWEEN 7 PM AND 5 AM WITH SNOWFALL RATES OF 1 TO 2 INCHES AN HOUR POSSIBLE.
* STORM TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS THROUGH TONIGHT WILL RANGE FROM 5 TO 9 INCHES WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE.
* BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW WILL CONTINUE THROUGH THIS MOST OF THE NIGHT.