On Thursday, Beltline owner, Jeff Lobdell, told FOX 17 he is reassuring customers they’re doing everything they can do to prevent anymore problems – if in fact the illness is linked to his establishment. He said the restaurant has been completely sanitized.
On the restaurant’s Facebook page, Lobdell writes “Nothing like this has happened in the restaurant’s 60 year history, but we are taking this very seriously.”
He goes on to write, “This single incident is a reminder that the norovirus, which has become more prevalent in all public places is very powerful and there that you can never be too cautious.”
Norovirus symptoms can include fever and diarrhea. The Kent County Health Department said a Norovirus outbreak is common and very contagious in places with a lot of people in close proximity. Health officials urge people not to jump to the conclusion that it’s just the restaurant’s fault. Customers can easily bring this in and spread it to others.
The Health department said inspected the Beltline Bar this week and didn’t find anything during its environmental inspection.