3 Cases of Norovirus Confirmed in Beltline Bar Investigation
The health department says they have received 145 complaints during that investigation. It was unclear how many of those people were tested for norovirus.
They announced last week that several people reported being sick after eating at Beltline Bar.
The time frame of the possible contamination appears to to be Saturday, March 22 and Sunday, March 23. Symptoms typically take 24 to 72 hours to develop.
According to the health department, Beltline Bar’s staff did thorough cleaning of the business following the incident. The health department advised the restaurant to clean using 1/4 cup bleach to every gallon of water solution to get rid of the highly contagious virus.
The owner of Beltline Bar took to social media with a response following the complaints, making sure to set things right with customers:
Dear Valued Customers & Friends,
“My name is Jeff Lobdell, I am the owner of the Beltline Bar. Tonight it was reported that the restaurant is being investigated for a possible norovirus incident that may have happened over the weekend. Nothing like this has happened in the restaurant’s 60 year history, but we are taking this very seriously. The health, wellness and safety our guests and staff is the most important thing to us...We want to thank the Health Department in their assistance in helping us ensure that we go above and beyond all suggested measures to protect our patrons and employees.”