WEST MICHIGAN (April 3, 2014) — Kids will soon have a week off from school for Spring Break, and parents may be looking for opportunities to turn off the television & video game consoles, and get out for some fun activities.
Below is a list of events, exhibits, and attractions that families can check out.
KENT COUNTY AREA
- KidzFest ’14 – Indoor amusement park with rides, zip lines, magic shows, and much more. It runs Tuesday through Sunday. Tickets are $19 each, with deals for non-riders and other opportunities for savings.
- Critter Barn (Zeeland) – Spring Fling returns with plenty of opportunities to interact with animals. Check out live reports from Kelly Smith by clicking here.
- Grand Rapids Children’s Museum – Number of exhibits and fun for kids of all ages. Check out some live reports by Kelly Smith by clicking here.
- Grand Rapids Ballet ‘A Different Tune’ – Based on the popular School Zone book “A Different Tune,” this ballet teaches kids that being different is just another way of being special. Tickets are $5 per person.
- Salvation Army Kroc Center – Climbing wall, family games, sports, and many more activities. Day passes are $7.50 for non-members aged 12 and up, and $5.50 for kids. Check out some live reports by Kelly Smith by clicking here.
- Grand Rapids Public Museum – Dinosaurs Unearthed, Planetarium shows, and many more exhibits & activities. Open late during Spring Break.
- John Ball Zoo ‘Zoobilee’ – Animal demos, crafts, special activities, overnight camps, and more.
- Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park – Butterflies are Blooming, Kid-Sense Garden, and much more.
- Toddler Tails (Humane Society of West MI) – Designed for ages 2-4, this program will keep your tot engaged through stories, activities, crafts, and animal interactions.
- Click here for more daily ideas
- ExperienceGR’s list of day camps
KALAMAZOO COUNTY AREA
- Air Zoo – Rides, exhibits, and much more available. General admission is $10.
- Kalamazoo Valley Museum – Hands-On Happenings: Down on the Farm (free event) plus many other events.
- Flick’s Family Film Fest – Featured movie during Spring Break is ‘Frozen’ (free for kids, $4.00 for adults).
- Rollerworld Spring Break Skate – Family rollerskating options all week long.
- Click here for more Kalamazoo-area ideas
MUSKEGON COUNTY AREA
- Muskegon Museum of Art – Spring Break Art Camp. Registration is $20 per day.
- Other Museum options in Muskegon County
- Broadway Bootcamp – Howmet Playhouse in Whitehall. For kids who love to sing.
- Click here for other options in the Muskegon area.