Target, Trader Joe’s Hummus Among Brands Being Recalled
The company is recalling a total of 14,860 pounds of product, including brands sold at Target and Trader Joe’s.
No illness has currently been reported. The primary risks of Listera monocytogenes are potentially serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people and others with weakened immune systems.
Listeria infection can also cause miscarriages and stillbirths.
Other individuals can suffer short-term symptoms like high fever, severe headache, stiffness, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea.
According to a release from the FDA, the potential for contamination was discovered during a routine test on Target Archer Farms Traditional Hummus by the Texas Department of Health.
These are the recalled brands that impact Michigan consumers:
- Target Archer Farms Traditional Hummus (10 oz.) with use by date June 11, 2014
- Target Archer Farms Traditional Hummus (2 lb.) (A non-retail item; the ingredient item is used in SuperTarget store production of 2 items, Archer Farms Mediterranean Veggie Hummus Wrap and Archer Farms Hummus Veggie Snacker) with use by date June 11, 2014
- Target Archer Farms Roasted Garlic with Roasted Garlic Tapenade (17 oz.) with use by dates June 9 and June 12, 2014.
- Target Archer Farms roasted Red Pepper With Roasted Red Pepper Topping (17 oz.) with use by date June 12, 2014
- Trader Joe’s 5 Layered Dip small (11.5 oz.) with use by date April 15, 2014
- Trader Joe’s 5 Layered Dip large (24 oz.) with use by date April 15, 2014
- Tryst Yellow Lentil Hummus with Sunflower Seeds & Apricots (10 oz.) with use by dates June 10 and June 12, 2014 AND the E time stamp
For more details on this recall, visit the FDA’s website