- Festival of the Arts: The three-day celebration of art kicks off on June 6 in Grand Rapids with a flash mob at Calder Square and the public is encouraged to participate just before noon. The event features art from artists of all ages, food, entertainment, and activities for kids.
- Movies in the Park: The six-film summer series at Ah-Nab-Awen Park in Grand Rapids begins on June 6 with a showing of “Raiders of the Lost Ark.” The theme this year is “Films Through Time” and each showing will feature a movie from a different decade. You can bring chairs, blankets, and food. Vendors will also have food available for purchase.
- Local First Street Party: Get a chance to celebrate local flavor in front of Bistro Bella Vita in Grand Rapids. The annual event is hosted by Local First and takes place on June 7. The street party is free to attend, and food and drink tickets will be available to buy. The event runs 3 p.m. – midnight.
- B-93 Birthday Bash: Takes place June 7 and 8 at the US-131 Motorsports Park in Martin. Headliners include Dierks Bentley on June 7 and Justin Moore on June 8. This year will also include extra security and there will be a zero tolerance policy for underage drinking.
- Hatter Days: Hosted by New Holland Brewing Co. Pub on June 7. The street party celebrates the brewery’s anniversary, and features the release of a family of IPA-inspired craft beers and features their Mad Hatter IPA. The party will happen on College Street from 3:30 p.m. until 11 p.m. with an after party continuing inside. All ages are welcome and there is no cover.
- Hudsonville Winery 5th Anniversary: The celebration will take place on June 7 from noon to midnight. The event will feature the release of three anniversary wines including white sangria. Individual tickets cost $4 or six tickets for $20, and all wine and beer is equivalent to one ticket.
- Kalamazoo Greek Fest: Takes place in Kalamazoo until June 7. Features Greek food and drinks, as well as musicians, singers, and dancers. The event runs 11 a.m. – 12:30 a.m. on June 6 and 7 and admission for those days costs $7 from 4 p.m. until 7 p.m. and $10 from 7:30 p.m. until 12:30 a.m. Children under 12 are free and anyone under 18 must have an adult with them.
- Kalamazoo Mud Run: Takes place on June 7 and the theme of the event is “Get Dirty For Clean Water” because proceeds will go toward ActiveWater to provide clean water to about 10,000 people in Zambia. The 5K course will feature 15 to 20 obstacles. Online registration is closed, but those interested can still register in person.
VAN BUREN COUNTY:
- Festival of Cars: Takes place June 7 from 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. and is expected to feature as many as 200-350 antique cars, trucks, and bikes in downtown South Haven. Admission is free for spectators and donations are welcome. The event also features a silent auction, and 100% of those proceeds will go to Hunt for a Cure.
- Free Fishing Weekend: Enjoy fishing for free on June 7 and 8 both inland and on the waters of the Great Lakes for all species of fish. Although licensing fees are waived, all other regulations will still apply.