WYOMING, Mich. - Following a news conference Friday morning, FOX 17 News uncovered new details in a disturbing triple homicide investigation of a young pregnant couple in Wyoming.
The body of Brooke Ann Slocum, 18, who was eight-months pregnant, was found in the trunk of Oestrike's vehicle.
The body of her boyfriend, 25-year-old Charles Oppenneer, was discovered Wednesday in a wooded area just north of Gezon Court in Wyoming. Officers found him while investigating an abandoned vehicle in the area.
NEW DETAILS FRIDAY
- Chief Carmody confirmed the suspect had made a connection online with Slocum through Craigslist, but he would not elaborate.
- Neighbor recalls hearing screams in Brady Oestrike's home.
- A man reached out to FOX 17 News claiming he met with both of the victims after meeting them on Craigslist. He said the last time he spoke with Slocum was about three weeks ago. She said the guy they were staying with,in the area of Burlingame and Burton, was acting strange and they didn't feel comfortable anymore.
- Friday afternoon, FOX 17 News discovered a Craigslist post from 21 days ago from a couple looking for another lover. The subject of the post said, "Looking for a girlfriend or fwb (friends with benefits)." The post mentions how the woman was eight-months pregnant and her description in the post bears a striking resemblance to Slocum. In part, the post reads, "Hello! A little about me: I am 18, 5'3" about 120lbs now and still growing (I happen to be 8 months pregnant with a beautiful white/Korean baby girl), I am white and petite, short brown hair and green eyes... father of my child and I are sort of involved in this weird open relationship."
- According to Slocum's Facebook page, the couple was planning to name their child Audi Lynn.
- FOX 17 News uncovered Oestrike may have used the alias of Joat Wyal Amos. That name is also traced back to his Taft Avenue address in Wyoming. It also appears Oestrike had a Facebook profile set up with that name.
Look for more details on this developing story tonight on FOX 17 News from 5-7 p.m. We also stream our newscasts live on fox17online.com
If you knew the suspect in the case or have any information about his past, we would like to hear from you: