Rockford apartment fire caused by resident cooking marijuana butter

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ROCKFORD, Mich. - The Rockford Department of Public Safety says that a fire that caused damage to a Rockford apartment complex was caused by a resident cooking marijuana butter.

Rockford officials say that the resident was using butane lighter fluid in the cooking process in the bathroom when he lit a cigarette and the butane ignited.

That person was injured in the explosion and is still being treated at Spectrum Health for burns. His name is not yet being released.

Investigators met with structural engineers at the apartment complex Monday and determined the building is safe. Residents are being notified that they can return to their home.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

2 comments