GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - Grand Rapids area Applebee's will be helping raise money next Friday for a local veteran and the effort to build him a new home for his family.
Ten percent of all sales on March 25 will go to the Habitat for Humanity of Kent County Veteran Program. The funds raised will help support U.S. Marine veteran Josh Gunneson build a home for his wife and three kids.
Additional funds collected will be set aside to help provide home repairs for other veteran and military families, as well as provide support for other components of Habitat Kent’s program.
According to the restaurant group, Gunneson served four years on active duty and was deployed to the Philippines and Okinawa, Japan on various humanitarian rescue missions after earthquakes and other devastating natural disasters and continues to serve by raising awareness about the suicide rate amongst veterans.
The locations participating in the Dine to Donate on March 25 are:
- 4488 Potomac Avenue, Grandville 49418
- 4475 Lake Michigan Drive NW, Walker 49534
- 718 Perry Street, Big Rapids 49307
- 4955 28th Street, Grand Rapids 49546
- 3851 Alpine Ave NW, Comstock Park 49321
- 3881 W US Hwy. 10, Ludington 49431
- 3250 Grand Ridge Drive NE, Grand Rapids 49525