- If you're heading to the theater tonight to see "Captain America Civil War" you have a chance to help the Blue Star Mothers of South Kent and get a really good deal in return.
It's at the Grand Rapids Celebration Cinema South 7pm showing.
Just ask for the Blue Star Mothers ticket for $18.50.
This includes the ticket itself, pop and popcorn.
You save money and $5 dollars will automatically go to their home for the veterans projects.
- You know it's almost summer time when Nautical Knots Soft Pretzels in Grand Haven opens up.
Today they open at 11am for their 16th season.
If you're one of their first 100 customers, you'll receive a free nautical dog with an additional purchase.
Nautical Knots is located on the Grand Haven board walk and you can also check them out online.
- Here’s your chance to help shape the development of your local parks.
Tonight the city of Grand Rapids is inviting you to one of two open houses.
The first one is May 6 at 6pm at Avenue of the Arts.
The second will take place May 7 at 8am at the Fulton Street Farmers’ Market.
There will be giveaways and prize drawings as well.
The funding to upgrade the parks, pools and playgrounds all stems from the parks millage that was approved by voters in 2013.
- May 7 marks the start of a hugely popular festival that blooms every year in West Michigan: Tulip Time!
The celebration of Dutch culture runs May 7th through the 14th in Holland.
There are actually several events that start on May 6, leading up to kickoff.
On May 6 there is a health and fitness expo, a carnival at the Civic Center, as well as some Dutch dance performances.
For a full schedule go to their website.
- May 7 is Free Comic Book Day!
During this time more than 6 million comic books will be given away by stores in over 60 countries.
In West Michigan, Fanfare in Kalamazoo will be handing out books, plus they'll have extra items on hand for kids.
This year marks the 15th anniversary of this world-wide phenomenon.
Go online to see what other stores in West Michigan are giving away free comic books.