YMCA marks renovation of Ted Rasberry Field, launches equipment drive
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (AP/WXMI) — The YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids is marking the renovation of a baseball field and launch of an equipment drive for a youth league.
The event is scheduled for Wednesday afternoon at Grand Rapids’ Ted Rasberry Field, which received a roughly $55,000 grant through the Baseball Tomorrow Fund.
The equipment drive, which runs through June 9, seeks new or lightly used baseball and softball equipment for the YMCA Inner-City Youth Baseball/Softball program. Donors will receive four lawn tickets to a West Michigan Whitecaps’ home game, a voucher from Wendy’s restaurants and a guest pass to the YMCA.
Drop off youth baseball/softball equipment at any Grand Rapids area Fifth Third Bank branch, Fifth Third Ballpark weekdays 10:00 am – 6:00 pm or during any home game, and at any of the following YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids locations:
- David D. Hunting YMCA, 475 Lake Michigan Dr. NW, Grand Rapids
- Lowell YMCA, 1335 W. Main St., Lowell
- Spartan Stores YMCA, 5722 Metro Way, Wyoming
- Mary Free Bed YMCA, 5500 Burton St. SE, Grand Rapids
- Visser Family YMCA, 3540 Fairlanes Ave. SW, Grandville
- Wolverine Worldwide Family YMCA, 6555 Jupiter Ave. NE, Belmont
The program is a free for city youth between the ages 6 and 14. Games are held at eight neighborhood parks.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.