No injuries after house catches fire in Portage

PORTAGE, Mich. — Firefighters in Portage were busy Saturday night trying to put out a fire inside a home shortly after 7 p.m.

The initial investigation found that the fire started in the basement of the home in the 6400 block of Angling Road.

No one was inside the home at the time of the fire, according to  a release from the Portage Fire Department.

Fire crews say they tried to get inside the home to extinguish the blaze but had to exit the building due to deteriorating conditions.

The fire had to be put out from the outside of the home.

The Portage Fire Marshall continues to investigate.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s