1. Election day is on Tuesday, and Michigan has become a battleground.
Both presidential candidates made pit stops in our area Monday. Republican hopeful Donald Trump made an appearance at the DeVos Place in downtown Grand Rapids, while Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton will be headed to Grand Valley State University's main campus in Allendale.
Complete coverage of all these events will be online at fox17online.com
2. Need to go out to vote but don't have a babysitter for the kids? Grand Rapids area YMCAs are opening up their KidZone to non-members and members for two-hour time blocks to watch the kids on Election Day.
Space is limited, therefore you need to call 24 hours ahead. It'll cost $6 for non-members and free for members.
Click here for participating locations and hours.
3. Ronald McDonald Housing in West Michigan is giving a hand to those in need.
Now until November 13, the charity is selling red and white mittens at nearly 300 restaurants around the country. All it costs is a $5 donation, and all proceedds will go towards the Ronald McDonald houses in Grand Rapids and Lansing.
4. United Airlines in Muskegon is selling flights to Chicago for a low price.
MLIVE reports that a flight from Muskegon to Chicago will only cost $69, however there are limitations on the ticket. The tickets are a one-way trip and can only be used for flights on November 30 through March 8.
There are also tickets from Chicago to Muskegon, and they will have the same price and limitations. The deal is happening now until November 23.
5. A local groom and his best men recently received some wedding gifts that just keep on giving. They've all managed to come home from the bachelor party as new pet owners.
Mitchel Craddock of Vicksburg was in Tennessee with his friends for his bachelor party in late September, when a dog showed up at the doorstep. They guys named her Annie, after orphan Annie because they thought she was alone.
Soon she led them to a spot in the woods where her seven puppies were lying together in a hole in the ground. They brought the puppies and Annie home with them and, of course, adopted all the dogs.