Family schedules are busy enough as it is, but add in the holiday hustle and bustle, and finding time to prepare a fresh meal that tastes great is a challenge to say the least.
With a slow cooker, this Rustic Italian Chicken recipe will be perfect to feed the entire family as they gather for the holidays. Food blogger Ashleigh Evans came by to teach us how to make it with the help of Red Gold Tomatoes.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 12 pieces)
- 2 large carrots, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can Red Gold Diced Tomatoes (14.5 ounce)
- 1 can Red Gold Crushed Tomatoes (28 ounce)
- 3 cups penne pasta
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray. Place the chicken in a slow cooker and top it with the remaining ingredients. Do not put in the pasta or garnish.
- Cover and cook on low for six to eight hours.
- Prepare the pasta about 30 minutes before the chicken is ready in the slow cooker.
- Serve chicken over pasta and garnish with cheese and parsley.
For more family-inspired recipes, visit redgoldtomatoes.com.