Neighbor: Cigarette sparks double house fire, rekindles hours later

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ROCKFORD, Mich. — Large flames from a house fire ended up spreading to a neighboring home Saturday destroying both homes.

The fire broke out just after 10 p.m. Saturday night in the 100 block of Oak Street and ended up rekindling early Sunday morning.

A man who lives at the neighboring home says the fire started in the garage of the home next door after a plastic ash tray caught fire from a lit cigarette.

The fire quickly spread to that neighbor's home, leaving both homes uninhabitable, according to the neighbor who says everything is a complete loss.

There are no reports of any injuries at this time and that portion of Oak Street has since reopened.

No official cause has been released from investigators.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

1 Comment

  • ⚡️🤡⚡️

    Gah! Smokers stink, and it’s a stink that will never come out of anything.
    I’ve lived in many homes where the prior tenant smoked and it’s a ghastly odor.
    Plus if you do smoke, It’s a special kind of stupid who uses a “plastic ashtray”!
    I think the msg here is: STOP smoking!