GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – Everyone has their Top Lists of 2015, so here are the top 17 local stories that you clicked on on FOX17Online.com.
I’ve excluded pages like the Weather radars, closings, Morning Mix, etc., because they are always there and in-demand. I also excluded national viral stories that we didn’t produce here.
Lastly, I excluded a couple of stories about missing people who were found–safe–shortly after the story was posted. Stories like that get shared a lot (so they get a lot of clicks), and if I bring them up again, they’ll get shared (even though the people are, again, safe). There were also two more stories about the I-94 pile up, but the fireworks one was easily the most clicked-on.
Thank you for using us as a news source in 2015, and we look to do even better in 2016.
- Truck carrying fireworks crashes in I-94 pileup – January
- Family hurt in crash with fire truck on I-196 – November
- Man charged with felony for passing out fliers by courthouse – December
- Coast Guard patrol catches views of Lake Michigan shipwrecks – April
- Mason Co. checks into Boston Baby Doe case, connection to Baby Kate? – July
- Refunds for Verizon and Sprint users – May (and December)
- Teachers announce snow day in Miley Cyrus song – January
- Fruitport home infested with thousands of rats – May
- Earthquake felt in West Michigan – May
- Tornado touches down in Portland – June
- Dogs rescued from Oscoda breeding mill – December
- Photos of suspects slashing tires in Kalamazoo – October
- Missing – Baby Natallya found dead – May
- Explosion at pot facility in Hamilton – December
- Muskegon student sent home for prom dress code violation – April
- Photo of birthday cake goes viral for good reasons – December
- Surfer rescues teen from drowning in Grand Haven – August